Dr. Sandra Schiff serves as the president of Southeast Michigan-based Health Mate, Inc., which offers clients training and consultancy related to, among other things, careers, transitions, and leadership. Furthermore, Dr. Sandra Schiff takes responsibility for course development and the creation of content relevant to the organization’s needs.
There are many reasons why you may consider hiring a leadership coach, including the following.
1. You wish to develop a greater understanding of the skills you bring to the role and knowledge gaps you need to fill.
2. You want to understand how people within the organization perceive you.
3. An outside perspective is required for operational or strategic planning.
4. You are going through a transition period, perhaps into a role that requires you to assume more responsibility, and wish to develop your leadership skills quickly.
5. You want to fulfill a need for emotional support and encouragement that you may not be able to access within the organization.
6. You require assistance with handling succession planning, which can include everything from choosing a suitable successor, training future managers, and dealing with the emotional burden that comes with transitioning away from your current role.